I need a place to write, and since my writing muscles have atrophied from years of typing, why not just keep a blog.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Who loves to move?

In one month I will move all my earthly possessions to my new apartment. One has to develop a split personality when approaching a move. On one side, you're excited about a new place, a new neighborhood, new surroundings. And on the other side, you're screaming NOT AGAIN!!!

My new apartment is very close to the beach. I am very excited about that. Everybody should live this close to the water at least once in their life. I can literally walk out my apartment, cross the alley and be on the sand. I can't wait!

But, to be able to do this, I have to pack all my dishes and books. I have to pack all my dvds and cds. I have to pull everything apart. Take the pictures off the walls. And put it all into boxes. Can you hear that? That's the sound of me shuddering. I swore to myself that when I moved into my current apartment I wasn't going to move for a few years. Ah, the lies we tell ourselves. I laugh at my naivete. Sucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker