I need a place to write, and since my writing muscles have atrophied from years of typing, why not just keep a blog.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Uma Sighting

A few weeks ago I'm cruisng through Venice in my obnoxiously yellow SUV. The one that costs me $50 to fill up with gas. Anyway, I'm headed up Washington coming from the beach and I pull in behind this classic cream colored '50-something T-Bird convertible. Beautiful car. While I was checking out the car, something else caught my eye. The driver bore a striking resemblance to Uma Thurman. Which seemed kind of weird because how could I recognize her if all I could see of her was the back of her head.

She had the exact same hair as Uma did in the Kill Bill movies. And since I've seen both movies about 50 times each, I would know. This immediately made me doubt it was actually her. And what it made it even weirder, was she was driving a convertible, just like in the movie. Ok, there is no way it could be her. I chalked it up to striking resemblance and continued on my way.

I pulled up next to her at Abbot Kinney and casually looked over to confirm my non-but-very-similar Uma sighting. As I looked at her, she glanced over at me, saw me staring at her, gave me a little smile and drove on. And wouldn't you know it, it was Uma Thurman.

1 Comments:

Blogger TripleJ said...

Good one.

10:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker